Green Stripe Snake
Based in Melbourne, Australia
You never know what the last thing you say to someone will be. On a transport ship leaving earth, a passenger kills time by scrolling through the messages of their social media feed. As the ship leaves and moves further and further away from home, the delay between sending messages and their arrival lengthens. What feels like minutes on the ship is hours, days, weeks, even years back on Earth. Each refresh of the timeline is a tiny window into the past. What will you do in those precious few moments as the lives of everyone you know pass by? A critically acclaimed work of interactive fiction, Killing Time at Lightspeed allows players to experience life aboard a spaceship hurtling through lightspeed. Just how much can you affect other people's lives with your fleeting interactions through social media? And will it be for the better?
The original Killing Time at Lightspeed was created for the 2014 Antholojam, a series of games designed around the theme "Golden Era of Sci Fi" by 15 different teams of creators. Killing Time at Lightspeed was notable for being similar to a social media timeline, where the story plays out faster than you can act. It was designed to be an attempt at exploring the connections we all have to people online who we may be powerless to help except with our words.
- An expanded edition of the original Antholojam game.
- Even more stories to be told via your Friendpage and Skimmit feeds.
- Achievements encourage you to experiment and explore.
- An all-new soundtrack accompanies your travels through time and space.
Logo & Icon
- "Killing Time at Lightspeed is, more than anything else, a timely game about technology and the role of social media not just in the future that developer Gritfish has created but in our present reality as well."
- Javy Gwaltney, Paste
- "It's a fascinating look at how culture can evolve around contentious issues—and one that will be intimately familiar to anyone with a Facebook feed of their own."
- Laura Hudson, Boing Boing
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Green Stripe Snake
Green Stripe Snake is a publisher specializing in minimalist publishing for indie developers.
More information on Green Stripe Snake, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Killing Time at Lightspeed: Enhanced Edition Credits
Director, Green Stripe Snake
Design and Code, Gritfish